To adopt an integrated management system aimed at Quality and the Environment means developing business activities in which the Customer, understood either as the product user or the environmental community, or as the internal operator or as the supplier and partner, is put at the heart of any actions that are planned and implemented.
The AMA group, driven by a strong desire to grow by improving social welfare as well as the welfare of its current and future associates, has adopted an officially-recognized quality management system that provides instructions concerning the objectives and strategies to adopt corresponding to the prevailing standards. It also permits periodic progress checks.
Such operations for the entire group are coordinated by the Centralized Quality Laboratory, a reference point to learn about national and international testing requirements, both with regard to instrumentation for performing trials as well as for product testing.
Furthermore, AMA constantly carries out activities to measure customer satisfaction: annually, through an evaluation questionnaire and telephone interviews, and daily, using an effective Customer Care department managed on the AS400 business information system.
Improvement of business performance is also carried out in terms of environmental protection. The Group is therefore constantly engaged in improving production processes and gives considerable attention to the use of resources for preventing pollution and risks.
In this way, we can:
- manage waste products by promoting their recovery and reducing disposal;
- keep pollution from liquid effluents, and atmospheric and sound emissions to a minimum;
- give special attention to handling substances used in the production cycle that are potentially harmful to the environment;
- promote a systematic rationalization of electric energy consumption;
- sensitize and involve workers so they act accordingly to protect the environment.
All of the Group companies are ISO9001 certified.
The AMA quality system is integrated with the environmental management system in compliance with regulation ISO 14001, certification granted by all plants.